Engineering · London HQ Flexible Remote
DeepStream believes in frictionless global RFx communication and we’ve built the fastest and most user-friendly RFx platform ever made to make it happen.
We help businesses ditch outdated processes and make complex procurement seem effortless. Over 2500 businesses worldwide trust DeepStream with their transactions.
Join us to help even more businesses realise the potential of digitalising the RFx processes by bringing much needed sustainability, auditability, efficiency and better user experience across all RFx communication.
- Joining a fast paced, early-stage startup with big potential for growth.
- High impact role where you will have a large influence on the product and it’s technical direction
- Work alongside a tight knit group of ambitious, high calibre individuals
Flexible work environment (most of us do some version of hybrid remote/office, but some are fully remote)
Competitive salary and benefits (including options)
DeepStream is in a high growth phase and it's an exciting time to join and help shape our future.
- Be an early stakeholder in a fast-growing tech start-up 🚀
- Amazing culture: work alongside a tight-knit group of highly ambitious individuals and expect to take responsibility from day 1 🦸♀️🦸
- Exercise real influence within a flat hierarchy with open channels to management (CEO, CTO, Head of Product, etc.) 💪
- Competitive and performance-based salary & benefits 💰
- Flexible working environment: access to WeWork globally (free beer, barista coffee, cycle storage, showers, events and more) 😎
- Flexible with vacation days 🌴
- We’ll buy you the equipment you need to get the job done 💻📱
6+ years of experience
Comfortable across front-end/back-end
Can skew towards one as a specialization
Some experience with devops/infrastructure is nice-to-have
Proactively looks for the next thing to do
Cares about the quality of their output
Thinks about how to make code/product/team/culture better
Passion for problem solving
Strong opinions of how grow software over time (in the context of a business)
Strong opinions on what is "good code"
Knows how to balance short-term/long-term goals
Can think "many steps ahead"
- Understands and can navigate the necessary tension between tech/product/business
- Knows how to compromise
- Knows when/what to test
- Balancing technical debt vs progress
- Can break problems down into smaller pieces
Strong product-level thinker
Thinks through how tech decisions impact the user
Can walk through user journeys with a product manager and identify issues
Knows when to negotiate expectations with product team
Can assess when details are essential vs nice-to-have
Doesn't dive into rabbit holes for low-priority details
Startup experience is a big nice-to-have
Has worked on small teams
Can work with a high degree of autonomy
Doesn't expect everything to be done by the book
Can determine the right corners to cut
Follows security best practices
At a product level
eg: how to avoid SQL injections
- At an infrastructure level
- eg: how to handle secrets
- Desired tech skills
- Angular (but React is more important as we are migrating to React)
- Event sourcing
Good understanding of distributed architecture
Familiarity with basic AWS services
- Comfort with sysadmin skills a big plus
- Low-level networking
- Unix knowledge
- CLI wizard
- Shell scripting
DeepStream is a fast growing team that is committed to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity in every sense of the word. As research shows that some candidates – particularly female candidates – can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria, we’d like to say to you now - please don’t let our role specification hold you back!
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit and are always excited to find someone who can bring a fresh perspective - so if the sound of this role excites you, we hope to hear from you!